Monday, December 29, 2008

Naughty or Nice?


I must have been very nice.  Dave gifted me with a Kindle!!!
My brother came through as usual.  I have new tools for bookbinding and a gift certificate to Knit Picks.

Seriously we all had a wonderful Christmas.  I even finished mom's socks!

Jordan, Mariah and I spent the day after watching movies and eating pizza and popcorn, then we gathered to finish up leftover's at Mom's house.  A bit of knitting was done while watching movies.

I have been looking through old magazines, oogling patterns and pictures on Ravelery and searching the web for ideas of just what I want to knit in the new year.  Planning, that's what I'm doing.  I wouldn't call it wasting my time.

I usually do actually ... knit in the New Year as opposed to ringing it in.  I wonder what I'll start this year.  In the past it has been lace.  It may be a hat.  I haven't knit a hat in ages.  It will not be a cowl.  I've knit 3 of those in the last 2 weeks.  Anita will of course chime in and tell me to finish "The FLAK".  

It won't be New Year's knitting, but now that I've got mom's socks knit and the toes knit 2x, I may just pull out that sweater.  It would be nice to finally finish.

For an interesting insight about sock yarns check out Claudia's blog.  Pretty hand dyed cushy sock yarns vs. hard wearing sock yarns like opal and trekking.  My favorite commercial sock yarn is trekking.  I haven't kept a pair of opal yet.  Maybe those will be the next socks on the needles.

Viki
thinking gansey for the next sweater...maybe.

No comments: