Thursday, December 02, 2010

Time Flies



It is December Already!

Asher Quinn was born on Sept 28, 2010 and we are all in Love with the sweet beautiful boy!

I have done a bit of knitting.
I did finish mom's birthday socks. There was some doubt you know. Of course, she handed them back and asked me to add a few rows and re knit the toes. No matter how I knit the socks this happens every year.

I have added a few inches to the Damask Kauni cardigan I'm knitting but it is slow going for me, I just can't make myself stop reading when I have down time. I know I should plug myself into an audible book on the ipod instead, but when I am really in need of a get away, losing myself in a book or even a fanfiction story is where I go for vacation. So the Damask is puttering along but not quickly at all.

Yesterday, I realized as I was tooling down the highway on the way to babysit Asher at 5:15 in the morning that it was December first, that I didn't have a December Daily Album made, and that I had left my camera at home! I was most upset. Time got me again.

When I got home in the late afternoon I gathered my box of Christmas scraps and my pile of Christmas scrapbook paper. I grabbed the book I had gutted to use for this project Months ago and proceeded to create a December Daily Journal. It is a hybrid between an Art Journal, A scrap book and a Remains of the Day Journal. I'll try to post a picture of it tomorrow.

Tomorrow I babysit Asher again. The camera is already packed.

Viki

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

I really want to see your journal, Viki. I'm still giggling over the fact that we have Kelly Kilmer, ROD and politics in common, what are the odds? Or does this mean we are both odd? LOLOLOL I love the socks but your mother's control freakness is not a flattering attribute, geez! And of course, Asher is precious (peeked at your flikr too). Replying to your email right now....xoxo, Aimeslee