Saturday, May 10, 2008

Get over it!


Get over it!
Originally uploaded by cobweb1st
For the last few weekends I have been setting a challenge for the Art group I'm in on Yahoo. These weekend challenges are't for trade, unless you want too. They are just to get you making art of some sort quickly so you don't over think. It is supposed to be easy.

The first weekend I gave out 3 page numbers and the participants were to go to those pages in ANY magazine and use them to make an ATC (2 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches). People loved it. The cards were GREAT!

Last weekend I challenged people to Face Your Fear.
Here is my card from last weekend.
Coulrophobia is of course the fear of clowns. I didn't used to be wary of clowns. I did mime in college for a while. However, I knew someone who was a clown during the Summer. He worked with his father under the big top. He told stories. One story was about a clown he knew that NEVER took off his makeup. No one ever saw him out of character. I think that started it.
THEN, a friend had a baby and the childs favorite toy was a clown doll. Which just totally freaked me out. Can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night with a clown doll looking at you? ACK!

So here is my "Get over it!" card.
He doesn't look that scary does he?

Viki

No comments: