Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Here! It's Here!

And I'm not talking about Christmas!
About 5 years ago, give or take a few months, I ordered a reverse enabled (right handed) Canadian Saxony spinning wheel from A. A. Every 6 months or so I would write or call for an update. It took almost forever but today when I got home there was a HUGE package on my front doorstep.
This picture is of me looking happy. No I am not drunk. Dave got on the floor to take the next picture and I was laughing because our Goldendoodle Bailey wanted to play with him.
So Dave took Bailey's picture over his shoulder without even looking.
This is the wheel right after we got it put together. Ignore the messy living room.
And here it is in pieces after we unpacked the huge box and got rid of the multitude of packing peanuts.
It was relatively easy to put together. I have been spinning on it and have about 1/3 of a bobbin of fine white yarn. I have it set up for Double drive. I can also set it up for scotch tension. I haven't spun in ages! I forgot how fun it can be. The wheel works great and I only stopped spinning to post this so everyone can see my new AA wheel and my happy face. Oh and the dog. Lets not forget about the dog. If you go to my Flickr acct http://www.flickr.com/photos/16932110@N04/
you can see the dog with his head in my lap while I spin. I think he is a bit jealous of time spent away from petting him.

Back to spinning before bedtime!

Viki

4 comments:

Angi said...

The wheel is beautiful! And you are beautiful spinning on it! The pictures are terrific! I need help learning how to put pictures on a flicker account. Will you help me after Christmas? I'm on a marathon knitting weaving spree until then.

Marcy said...

Well Merry Christmas to you! W00t!

Liz said...

Wow, that's a really beautiful wheel. Why did it take so long? Is it handmade?

Viki said...

Liz wrote:Why did it take so long? Is it handmade?

Yup, it is handmade by Alden Amos. I have no clue why it took so long. Other people have had their's delivered in much less time.
thanks for commenting. I'd have emailed you if I'd known your addy.

Viki