Sunday, December 16, 2007

Start-itis

I have a problem.
I don't want to finish things I have started.

These mittens are easy to work on in dribs and drabs of time.

This French Market bag is taking FOREVER.
Then there is the sweater I've been knitting for about 2 years. The FLAK sweater.
It is beautiful. The sleeves are done. It should be smooth sailing. Except for my stress levels.



What I really want to do is start New things. Ravelry is my downfall. You join these groups and you see what other people are doing and it is all so exciting. What a place to be enabled.
This is what I want to start next.
It is beautiful.
Light as a feather.
It makes me want to justify starting it.
I've been saying things like: "I could make this for my sister-in-law. It would look wonderful on her in an off white with little icy beads."
Lets face it, I'd never finish it in time to give it to her for Christmas.
Of course that didn't stop me from looking for the yarn in my stash. I have a ball of kidsilk haze hidden in the depths of my stash. I bought it LAST December after I finished the scarf for the Ballet auction.
So even my stash is working against me starting this...I'll thank it later I'm sure.
So I'll go knit on one of the other MANY projects I have started. I'll knit as I listen to the wind blowing the siding off the eves. (grrr, roofers messed it up) and the trash cans blowing around the back yard. I'll sip some tea and maybe even put a shawl around my shoulders.
Viki
If it were to actually snow today, we'd have blizzard conditions



1 comment:

Angi said...

I share your affliction sister.
I want to start the same thing only using some handspun superfine black shetland plied with gemstone multicolored silk. Can't wait to see the wheel!