Monday, December 01, 2008

December Day one



Earlier I told about the album I had started to record what happens daily in December.  It is really worth it to check out the Flickr site with over 300 different books.

The whole project has reminded me of a book by Madeline Le'Engle called "The 24 Days Before Christmas".  In this children's book the family does something small but special every day to celebrate the season.

What a Great way to decorate and celebrate.  To do something everyday.  To Mindfully do something to celebrate everyday.  It doesn't have to be about Christmas.  My family celebrates several special days in December.

Today is December 1st so Today, I started small.  I hung the wreaths on our doors.  I also gave Owen, my little friend across the street, an Advent Calendar.

We have had what the weathermen call "a wintery mix" all day.  Rain, sleet & snow.  None of it really stuck so there are just a few places in the yard with a bit of white.

On the knitting front.  I think I am over scarves for a bit.  I received some yarn from my secret pal at work.  Two balls each a different color.  What to do?  Knit scarves.  I am almost done with the second Yarn Harlot One Row Scarf and believe me I am ready to be done.  
The pattern is *K2, K1 through the back loop, P1.... repeat from the * end row with K2.  So cast on a multiple of 4 + 2.  

Now do I try to trick my secret pal into wearing one of the scarves?

Viki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a great way to commemorate the season! Little daily joys add up to a lot.

:)